Attention: Due to COVID-19, we will not be accepting volunteers in Guatemala for the remainder of 2022.
Summary of Position:
The Database & Donor Services Coordinator (DDSC) maintains the stability and cleanliness of our database (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/NXT). They are responsible for creating and maintaining “best practices” within the system and also for training staff and colleagues on our system and use. In addition to these responsibilities, the DDSC also assists our Comptroller in Gift Processing (checks and cash gifts) and issuing tax receipts and required gift acknowledgments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
● The management of our database (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge & NXT); including cleanup, creating/contributing to organization-wide SOP’s, and all appeal entry and tracking w/ input from Director of Communications (DOC).
● Track and report ROI’s (return on investments) for all appeals w/ support from DOC.
● Serve as the “go to” for all database related questions, issues and reports needed by other staff, board members and organization leaders.
● Create, scrub and run mailing lists for digital and physical mailings w/ input from DOC.
● Process check/cash gifts and provide timely and appropriate gift acknowledgement/receipts.
● Communicate with the Director of Annual Giving to ensure smooth stewardship of donors.
● Work with consultant group in continued clean-up of our database and in implementation of new practices, audits, etc. to maintain existing data. 
● Manage Raiser’s Edge Training for all new staff and existing staff as needed.
● Update bounced/invalid/inactive email addresses.
● Process unsubscribes and new sign-ups and add to the database/e-news lists.
● Collect incoming mail, disseminating to staff as appropriate and processing gifts.
● Monitor the email@example.com email account, respond or forward accordingly.
● Manage front office reception and general inquiries via phone.
● Assist Support Team Coordinators in Guatemala with general inquiries, scheduling, and payment/finances to ensure timely and appropriate communication with Team leaders prior to and after their visit to Guatemala.
● Serve as an initial point of contact for volunteer inquiries.
● Managing follow-up with delinquent recurring givers.
● Data entry of visitor logs/event participants.
● Other administrative tasks as required.
● Highly organized and detail-oriented.
● 2 or more years’ experience in non-profit development/fundraising or sales preferred.
● Strong understanding, knowledge and proficiency with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge/NXT preferred or strong knowledge of CRM/databases and the ability to quickly learn new things and input/retrieve data.
● Ability to multitask in a busy environment. Detail oriented and highly organized.
● Ability to communicate effectively and support training of other staff members (across all levels of the organization) in database processes/practices.
● Valid driver’s license, passport, and personal vehicle required.
● Strong judgment, flexibility and ability to manage confidential information with diplomacy.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you make a donation, join a Support Team, sponsor a child, organize an event or volunteer in Guatemala, you help a top rated charity empower people and change lives in one of the poorest places on earth.
Join our recurring giving program and help us maintain consistent support for our students.Read More
Your gift gives hope, education, and opportunity to our students and their familiesRead More
Spend one week of service learning at our program in GuatemalaRead More
We invite you to visit our U.S. office in New Gloucester, Maine and our program site in Guatemala City.