77% of every dollar raised directly impacts a child in the Guatemala City garbage dump community. Your donations give hope, education and opportunity to our students and keep our school thriving.
Donate online right now and see your impact in action.
Other Ways to Give a Gift Today
- Online: Simple and secure, online donations are the quickest way to give the gift of education to our children.
- Through PayPal: send a secure donation with PayPal.
- U.S. Funds: make checks payable to Safe Passage. Please mail checks to our U.S. office at Safe Passage, 49 Farm View Dr, Suite 302, New Gloucester, ME 04260
- Guatemalan checks: please contact Marc Wuthrich at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Phone: call our U.S. office at (207) 846-1188 from 9am-5pm (EST), Monday through Friday
Sponsor a Student
Develop a personal connection with a student in our program. Learn more about our sponsorship program.
Monthly Giving as a Hanley’s Helpers
Consistent monthly donations from our partners sustain our programs and provide resources to help us plan for pressing and future need. Learn more about our recurring giving program, Hanley’s Helpers.
Learn more about the Giving Levels at Safe Passage, including information on the Class and Teacher Sponsor levels.
When you make a gift in memory or in honor of someone you love, we’ll send them (or the person of your choosing) a card to let them know that a donation was made to Safe Passage in their name.
- Online: please use our online donation form. Once you enter your donation amount, you’ll have the opportunity to enter your honoree’s name and the address where you’d like notification to be sent.
- Check: please include a note of your honoree’s name and the address where you’d like notification to be sent. Mail your check to our U.S. office at 49 Farm View Drive, Suite 302, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Workplace Gifts and Company Matching
- Check with your employer to see if they will match gifts for Safe Passage. Your HR department should have the forms you need.
- Many workplaces allow employees to deduct funds from their paycheck to send to the charity of their choice. List Safe Passage as the charity name, our address, and our federal tax ID on the form provided by your employer: 49 Farm View Dr, Suite 302, New Gloucester, ME 04260 and Federal Tax ID 01-0532835.
A bequest in your will is often the most direct and most significant way to make a planned gift to Safe Passage. Charitable bequests are fully deductible and can help reduce your state and federal estate taxes in the U.S. If you are interested in updating your will or adding a codicil to include Safe Passage as a beneficiary, please consult with your attorney. The following language may be helpful to your attorney in drafting a bequest:
I give to Safe Passage, a not-for-profit having offices in New Gloucester, Maine, the sum of $____ (or ___ percent of my estate) to be invested in its endowment (or to be used for its general purpose) (or in accordance with your particular interests).
If you have questions or would like to discuss giving options, please contact the U.S. office by calling (207) 846-1188 or emailing email@example.com.
Gift of Stock
Make a gift of stock to Safe Passage to support our programs with the added bonus of tax benefits. Contact (207) 846-1188 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Shop, buy, and donate, all in one transaction, and Amazon Smile will donate 0.05% of your purchase to our programs.
Gift Acceptance Policy
Learn more about our Gift Acceptance policy here.
How Your Gift Makes a Difference
Learn more about how your gift makes a difference by reading our stories of success and our audited financial statements and annual reports.