You, too, can bring hope, education, and opportunity to our students and their families. Join our team in our U.S. office or in Guatemala.
Current Employment Opportunities
US Office, New Gloucester, Maine
Associate Director of Development
Summary of Position:
The Associate Director of Development (ADOD) works to advance Safe Passage’s mission through multi-channel fundraising efforts and in collaboration with fundraising staff in the United States and Guatemalan offices. The ADOD supports the Director of International Development in the development and implementation of the annual strategic development plan. The ADOD prioritizes the cultivation and stewardship of donors to meet the short and long term needs of the organization. This position reports to the Director of International Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level prospects and supporters through stewardship, cultivation and solicitation
- Collaborate with the Director of International Development on annual strategic development planning
- Support the quality of all cultivation and solicitation pieces
- Support the quality of the Sponsorship Program via collaboration with the Sponsorship Team in Guatemala:
- Managing follow-up with Delinquent Sponsors
- Manage quality control of Sponsorship bi-annual project communications
- Participate in the appropriate stewardship of all donors
- Annual visit to Guatemala Safe Passage/Camino Seguro offices when safety permits
- Develop and steward Legacy Giving Program
- Support the development and implementation of the recurring giving program
Education and professional attributes
- Flexible work schedule possible
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years fundraising/development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications including copywriting and persuasive writing
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Personable, energetic, and able to take challenges in stride
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and personal vehicle required
- Strong technical knowledge of fundraising/CRM systems such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or equivalent desired
- Fluent in conversational Spanish desired but not required
Salary $45,000 or commensurate with experience. Position to be reviewed 3 months after hire.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 12/18/2020.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Long Term Volunteer Positions With Housing Stipend:
Short Term Volunteer Positions:
Interested in volunteering, but want more information? Check out our volunteering page!
Are you interested in other ways you can work with Safe Passage? Take a look at our one-week service learning experiences.
Questions about employment? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org