Safe Passage sponsorship began with less than 40 sponsors in 2000. Today, more than 700 sponsors from 16 countries sponsor more than 470 children and mothers at Safe Passage. Become a sponsor today.
“These are my people. These are my children. This is my responsibility.” —Valentino, child sponsor
Our children and mothers come from the most impoverished communities in Guatemala City. Your sponsor support provides crucial resources to break the cycle of poverty:
- Comprehensive, progressive education
- Health education, physicals and community wellness services in partnership with Shared Beat
- Access to Family and Community Services and social service outreach
- Extracurricular classes like library, music, tutoring and English
- For our parents, Adult Literacy classes and employment opportunities for our mothers with Creamos
Your gifts—and your care—give hope.
Sponsor a Child
You can be a positive role model for caring, respectful relationships—something many of our students do not have. Many donors sponsor a child from Escuelita through high school and develop lasting relationships well after graduation.
“I could never forget the first day I met my sponsor. She is a role model for my life: how to live, how to share, how to respect, how to value oneself. She has helped me by giving me advice, supporting me, especially in school. She always wants to see my grades!” —Ingrid, sponsored child
Sponsor a Mother
When you sponsor a mother, you positively impact a child. Our mothers participate in Adult Literacy, Creamos social entrepreneurship, and weekend family nurturing classes to build self-esteem and promote education throughout the community.
What does sponsorship cost?
- For $200 per month you will be the sole sponsor for one child
- Alternatively, you can contribute $50 per month with 1-3 other shared sponsors
Either way, you will make a difference in the lives of our students.
How does sponsorship work?
- We match our students with 1 full sponsor or up to 4 partial sponsors
- Friends, families, community groups, and coworkers often sponsor a student together
“What started as a sponsorship has evolved over the past couple of years. I think of Nereyda and her family as an extension of our own.” —Maureen, child sponsor
You will receive 2 special messages each year from your student, a reminder that your gift is changing a life in Guatemala. We encourage you to correspond with your student as often as you like with letters, photos, and even personal visits. Cross-cultural relationships are extra-rewarding for our students and we are happy to help translate your communications.
“Sponsoring Noe changed my life because I now know someone else is counting on me…this is not just some child from a postcard.” —T.J., child sponsor
Are you ready to say sí to sponsorship?
¡Gracias! Our sponsorship team will guide you through the application process. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call our U.S. office at (207) 846-1188. You can also donate online today and we’ll contact you with additional details.
Questions? We’re here to help.
If you have something else on your mind, you are always welcome to contact our sponsorship staff at (207) 846-1188 or email@example.com.